Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shopping via 'TwAmazon' - say what?!

When American Express (AmEx) joined forces with Twitter in 2013 it was a big deal. In fact it added fuel to the concept of social purchasing where sellers and purchasers come together in an online social community to target user interests.  With an AmEx card synced to a Twitter account, users could tweet special hashtags to shop online. How cool is that! To date there are tons of AmEx offers on Twitter that you can check out here.

But my 'big deal' today is the recent union of Twitter and Amazon that is expected to provide a whole new shopping experience for consumers. It's also simple to set up. With #AmazonCart you can now purchase almost anything online without moving from account to account to shop. Since some Twitter accounts are very public there is a concern about personal privacy, but I have to admit the concept sounds really intriguing.

As for "TwAmazon" - if Sprint can combine words like 'friends' and 'family' to get 'framily' (my dictionary says it's not a word), then I'm quite content joining 'Twitter' and 'Amazon' to get 'TwAmazon'!  It's my term and I'm sticking with it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. First I've heard of this. I'm not big on the community aspect of purchasing (don't share what I buy). Curious, though, to see how this plays out.

    ReplyDelete