Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Twitter analytics

Realizing that at some point I would require some metrics about my Twitter activity, I began exploring my options for capturing this kind of data. It was rather astonishing to find that acquiring Twitter analytics is big business and as such is a big deal. It appears that most of the noteworthy services that offer these metrics aren't free and where the service is free, only limited metrics are provided. In fact some of the top rated tools like Twtrland and Simply Measured offer mere 14-day free trial periods after which the user has to cough up a minimum of $18.00 per month to as much as $250.00 per month  for more superior packages. You can find some free packages from competitors like TwitalyzerTweetReach and Twitter Counter but the data will be limited unless you upgrade to a paid service. At the time of this posting, I found just two completely free services (foller.me and TweetStatsthat offer Twitter analytics but of course there may be more.

Of the top online tools, I believe that you'll find Twitonomy quite helpful for our needs. I like the data provided by, and the layout of, its free package even though it also offers paid options. Feel free to explore the numerous options out there to find the preferred tool that meets your needs.

1 comment:

  1. You've provided a nice list of services for Twitter Analytics. Hootsuite.com is another good service. The good think about this service is it allows you to monitor different types of social media: YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.

    ReplyDelete