Friday, May 30, 2014

The indomitable human spirit at its best.

Today I needed to be motivated. I was down and was turned off by the countless depressing stories all over the media.  Then I thought to myself, where can I find those moving stories that would inspire me to seize the day? Stories that epitomize the better side of humanity. Certainly death, destruction and mayhem have more than their share of coverage in the media; in fact, the media thrives off it.  But where can I find those stories of the courageous, the compassionate, the resourceful, the kind hearted?  I believe you get the message.  Stories that unveil the indomitable human spirit at its best!  I realized that this might require a lot of searching, and researching but then I thought, why not start here. I expect that this might require screening and scrutinizing on a large scale but I am prepared to take on one story at a time.

I thought of what I believed was one of the world's more influential events of recent times but with research, I have been enlightened. There are actually countless personal opinions, general views and statements on world-changing events, so I thought I would bring to the fore, those that have moved me.


Today's inspirational moment will focus on the events of September 11, 2001. Though tragic, the countless stories of bravery and heroism that have been defined by this moment in time, are nothing short of awe-inspiring! From the acts of kindness on that day to the changes in the aviation and security industries and to the shock to global economies, the colossal impact on world affairs has forever changed the way we live.  Though I was reluctant to draw attention to any specific website, fearing unintentional omission of worthy examples, I am inspired by the work that has been accomplished thus far and found exploring the 911 Memorial a rewarding, uplifting and motivational experience. It was just what I needed to start my day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing something uplifting and positive! I kinda touched on something similar last week in my blog about how people say the world is more violent now, but I believe it's mostly because of the media's focus on the negative and the constant flow of information that exists with the internet today. I agree there tends to be a focus on the negative instead of the positive. I wonder if our outlook on the amount of violence could change if we saw a shift in the kind of stories that are covered in the media? I bet we could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments and you're so right about the media's focus on the negative. Funnily enough, I believe that in so doing they're actually helping to fuel some people's desire to get their negative, hateful, divisive and destructive messages out. I'm therefore hoping to create my own little space on the web to promote the positive.

    ReplyDelete